Start a new topic

meanning of the code color in Explain plan graph

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello! I am discovering the the representation of the explain plan result as a graph, and I want to know the meanning of the different colors used there (red, orange and gray colors). Thank you! Jean

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: meanning of the code color in Explain plan graph
Hi Jean, The orange and red show "critical nodes", i.e. parts of the plan that more costly than others. You can adjust the threshold levels for these in Tool Properties or the Properties tab for a connection, in the Explain Plan category for the database type or connection. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi! Thank you for your usefull answer! I was able to find it in the tool properties. What I do not understand is the meaning of the node cost. Indeed, several nodes in my graph have a cost that exceed 50%. How could it be possible? Maybe it is related to how it is calculated in Oracle. Thank you for your help! Jean
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Jean, Can you please post or email us an example? A screenshot or exported CSV of the Tree View of the result would let us explain then figures. Best Regards, Hans