Start a new topic

disappearing Database Objects Tree

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I had everything broken into folders and had database connections mapped out where they belonged. However, this is the third time, I am opening up dbvis and seeing a empty connections tree. This time, I had it up, and I was doing a screenshot of my desktop, when my display went haywire, so I just pressed the power button and started up the laptop again. I can't be sure if the previous times were under the same scenario. Version: DBVisualizer Pro 9.0.6 Java: Oracle 1.7.0_12 Operating System: Ubuntu 13.04

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: disappearing Database Objects Tree
Levi, We just released a BETA version of the upcoming feature version 9.1, planned for release early this fall. This beta include a few fixes for the lost connections (user settings) that has been reported lately. It would be great if you are able to verify whether the problem is solved using this beta. Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the issue in our lab but by doing a few tweaks in the code we now hope the .bak file will be intact. We decided to put this fix in the ongoing BETA testing for 9.1 since this is for testing only and a good place to verify this rather critical issue. The fix will be back ported to the 9.0.x version branch once it has been successfully verified. Download the beta version here: http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

So far I have not been able to get dbVisualizer to loose my connection settings. There are nine more days left on the Beta.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Using 9.1, it happened again, I closed my laptop which puts it into hibernate mode, dbvisualizer was on at the time. Then, I opened it when I came back home, however looking in the bios, the CPU overheated and turned off the laptop. After booting up again and starting DbVisualizer, I get this message about dbvis.xml being corrupted. Luckily the .bak file was still good, so I copied that on top of the new dbvis.xml, and everything was back the way they were suppose to be. Question, do you save to the file only on changes, or do you have a timed save every so often?
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Levi, The settings files are saved when changed settings and always at proper exit of DbVisualizer. Regards Roger