Start a new topic

Unable to load Vertica JDBC driver

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I've just downloaded and installed DbVisualizer Free 9.07 and am trying to get it connecting to Vertica. When I try to load the Vertica JDBC jar file I receive the following message: Ignored as there is no matching Default Driver for "com.vertica.jdbc.Driver" C:\Program Files\DbVisualizer\jdbc\vertica\ vertica-jdk5-6.1.1-0.jar Any ideas? I've tried loading it from the default Vertica install location but that doesn't help either. Thanks, Bret

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Unable to load Vertica JDBC driver
I was able to solve this by creating a new driver from scratch instead of copying the ODBC driver.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Bret, If you are still using the ODBC driver we would recommend the pure Java driver for Vertica instead. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, Where I can download the pure java driver to vertica. The error that Bert gets is from the JDBC driver (i'm getting the same error) isn't that's the java pure driver? Thanks, Vitaly
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Vitaly, The Vertica JDBC driver is available via the MyVertica portal: https://my.vertica.com Based on the discussion with Bert it seems he was using the Java driver. Regards Roger