Start a new topic

@export

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When I use @export to export huge tables I get this error when I use my settings file: [SELECT - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] Invalid value "TXT" for property "Format". Valid values are: CSV, HTML, XML, SQL, XLS, JSON But TXT is one of the format options in your export settings ??

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: @export
Georg, The TXT format is not supported when using @export, Export Table or Export Schema. It is supported only when using the Export Grid function. You say: "But TXT is one of the format options in your export settings??" Would be great if you can point me to which function saying TXT is supported so that we can correct it. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

What i meant was, that TXT is one option in the grid export. Why is TXT not supported when using @export?

Georg, Only Grid Export have all the data in memory and can calculate the width of each column. Using @export exports the data on the fly (to support unlimited result set sizes) while reading from the database. Calculating column sizes require all of the data available which isn't the case for @export, Export Table or Export Schema. I will open a new ticket that we should look into a solution even for these export functions. Regards Roger Edited by: Roger Bjarevall on 2013-jul-25 15:32

1 person likes this
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Why don't you take the size of the colums from the DB catalog ? Edited by: Georg Schreiber on Jul 26, 2013 2:46 AM

Georg, The column sizes as defined in the database specify the max size. The actual data may be smaller leading to unnecessary white spaces in the output. There are other problems looking in the table definitions such as how to to determine size for numbers, timestamps, etc. Regards Roger