Start a new topic

Installed 9.0.8.0 --- caused GPF on Windows XP...

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Installed 9.0.8.0 from 9.07 personal... causes GPF on Windows XP... Cant start the app.... please advise asap... I will revert back to 9.0.7 for now..... Edited by: AlexML on Jul 25, 2013 9:32 AM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Installed 9.0.8.0 --- caused GPF on Windows XP...
Alex, Did you install in a new directory or in a folder with an existing DbVisualizer version? If not in a new directory, give it a try. What Java version are you using? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger I only kept .vmoptions files, all other folders were purged. Running on JAVA 7 SE ver6 updatre 43, build 1.6.0_43-b01

Alex, In the second error dialog that is displayed there is a "click here" link. What does it show? Have you tried re-booting and then install again? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Attached...

Alex, Unfortunately it doesn't say much. Have you tried re-booting and then install again? Regards Roger

Yes, I did... Let me try to revert back to .07 .. will let you know...

Ok. Reverted to 9.0.7 --- loads up just fine....... Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.7 Build: #1935 (2013/06/04 10:02) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_43 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

Are you guys looking into this? Thanks.

Alex, There are unfortunately not many details to work with. You are the first reporting the problem and I suspect it is a result of something in your environment. I just installed 9.0.8 on Windows XP SP3 and run it successfully with Java 1.6.0_45 and Java 1.7.0_25. Just for testing, try install the latest 91.2030 beta to check if it install and run properly. http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ Regards Roger

looks like corrupt vmoptions files.... more to follow....

OK.... found the cause..... -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true in my vmoptions was causing this for 9.0.8 (and beta version as well) .... I removed it and all versions work now... Thoughts? Thanks

Alex, When you run 9.0.8 or the beta version, are you then using Java 7? What happen if you use Java 6 and keep the vmoptions setting? Regards Roger

Roger, yes I did not change Java client.. I cannot change the java client on my machine, sorry..

Initially you said: "Running on JAVA 7 SE ver6 updatre 43, build 1.6.0_43-b01" This seem to be both Java 7 and Java 6. Which are you using in 9.0.7 and which in 9.0.8? Regards Roger