Start a new topic

Export memory leak

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hello all, I am having issues with exporting tables. I have a *MySQL* table (44 columns, 916k rows). When I try to export the whole table to a csv file, memory usage spikes up to the limit (I set it to 1024m) and high memory usage warning keeps popping up. When I use the default setting for virtual memory of 512m, export eventually stops and shows an error message, that virtual memory is running out. This happens when using the "Export table..." option from the tree view and also when using the @export script. When I limit the number of records to about 100k, memory still spikes, but eventually it starts exporting. Is there a known work around? Thanks, Raik

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Export memory leak
Hi Roger, that did it! Thanks! -Raik
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Raik, In the Connection tab for your MySQL connection there is a "Buffer All Rows for a Result" at the bottom of the Options section. If it is checked, try uncheck it and give the export another try. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, no it does not, it only contains "regular" data types; datetimes, varchars, floats, ints. Selecting only a few columns (around 5-6 columns) works, but still caues high memory usage. Even when selecting columns that are mostly null. Selecting every column by name instead of * doesn't work eigther. Exporting big tables from other databases (SQL Server, Oracle) works like a charm though. Could that be a MySQL driver issue? I downloaded the newst version 5.1.26. Still no luck.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Raik, Does the table contain large BLOB or CLOB columns? If so and you don't need to export them, please use the @export command with a SELECT that excludes those columns. Best Regards, Hans