Start a new topic

Unable to execute function in Function Editor

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, I am trying to execute the following function within the function editor, but receive the following error: [@CALL - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] Error setting value for column 2: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column index ----- This is the SQL that is shown in the SQL Preview: @call {returnValue||(null)||Cursor||nullable noshow ds=0 dt=N/A dir=out} = F_TEST_FN('foobar'); Here is the function I am calling: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION F_TEST_FN (TEST_PARAM IN VARCHAR2) RETURN sys_refcursor AS l_rc sys_refcursor; BEGIN OPEN l_rc FOR SELECT TEST_PARAM FROM DUAL; RETURN l_rc; END; ----- Oracle Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options Oracle JDBC driver 11.1.0.7.0-Production ----- Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.6 Build: #1928 (2013/04/14 09:44) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_39 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: amd64 OS Version: 6.1 Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you! Edited by: HoneyBear on Aug 16, 2013 3:20 PM
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Unable to execute function in Function Editor
Hi, I cannot reproduce this with DbVisualizer 9.0.8 and the 11.2 Oracle JDBC driver version. Please first upgrade DbVisualizer to the latest version. If that doesn't work, check your driver version and upgrade if it is lesser than 11.2. Best Regards, Hans