Start a new topic

Failing to define a Oracle Thin connection

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, New in DBVisualiser... Trying to define a connection to Oracle Database 11g R2 ... Have downloaded the ojdbc6.jar from Oracle Site. Using the Oracle Thin option to connect to DB Specifying this .jar file as driver file and get an error. "there is no class name set for this driver. Could you help us ? Meir

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Failing to define a Oracle Thin connection
Hi, In DbVisualizer the Oracle driver is already bundled and configured. I suggest you open Tools->Connection Wizard to create your database connection. In the list of drivers chose "Oracle Thin" and then enter the required information. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hello Roger, That's what I do. When I proceed with the Connection Wizard and choose the 'Oracle Thin' option, the wizard is not ready to continue until I will give him a driver directory or RAR file... Whe I give the ojdbc6.rar I get an error ... Attached files will show you what happened ... Thank you for helping me. Meir Edited by: Benhamou on Sep 10, 2013 10:08 AM
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello Roger, Understanding my problem .... I was running the dbvis_multi.exe instead of dbvis.exe ... Now everything is allright. Thank you for your support ! Best regards Meir
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Thanks for the update. Regards Roger