Start a new topic

version: 9.1 create table problem with multiple timestamp fields

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, This works on PHPMyAdmin: CREATE TABLE t1 ( ts1 TIMESTAMP DEFAULT 0, ts2 TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP); This creates a table which inserts current_timestamp to field ts1 when a null value is given in insert statement. (This is new to me, but looks very useful.) I wasn't able to create the table with this definition using the create table wizard in dbV. When I view the table in dbV, the ts1 field is pink and shows "error": Error getting value for: 1/2: java.sql.SQLException: Value '0000-00-00 00:00:00' can not be represented as java.sql.Timestamp Do I need to install the java7 version? version details: Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1 Build: #2050 (2013/09/08 11:03) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_51 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.8.4 Thanks. Julie

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: version: 9.1 create table problem with multiple timestamp fields
Hi Julie, I believe this actually sets ts1 to 0 when null is passed, and by default, 0 cannot be converted to a Timestamp in Java. You can change this by setting the zeroDateTimeBehavior driver property for the connection to convertToNull in the Properties tab for the connection: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG91/Configuring+Connection+Properties If you want it to be set to current_timestamp, you should use the syntax you have for the tsp column. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: version: 9.1 create table problem with multiple timestamp fields
Thanks so much. That did the trick. I appreciate your fast response. Julie