Start a new topic

Data fetch on Table properties when different tab is clicked

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi. Double clicked on a table object to pull up different info (Columns, Indexes,etc..) By accident I clicked on Data, and right away clicked on the tab that I initially was aiming for. I had to wait for a minute for data to finish fetching in the Data tab eventhough I clicked away on a diff tab.. Would be nice if a user clicks on a different tab, the app would cancel (or at least ask to cancel) it's fetch on a Data tab, Version: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1 [Build #2050] OS: Windows XP OS Version: 5.1 OS Arch: x86 Java Version: 1.6.0_43 Java VM Name: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java VM Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. Look and Feel: SyntheticaStandardLookAndFeel

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Data fetch on Table properties when different tab is clicked
Alex, Depending on what database and JDBC driver is used some operations must finish before another is started. What happen if you Stop in the Data tab and then move to the designated tab? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

The app was frozen until the fetch completed..

Alex, What database are you using and what driver? Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger Sybase ASE Driver: jTDS-7.0 from jconn4.jar Just fyi, the table was huge.. Thanks.

Alex, We've tried this and are unable to get into the freeze situation. The second tab is showing the progress indicator and once stopping the first tab the second complete its tasks. We will most likely look into a generic fix in the next feature version. Regards Roger