Start a new topic

9.1.1 while running monitor, new monitor clears all others

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, When I have a few timed SQL's running as a monitor and decide to add a new one (with new SQL) I noticed that the running grids suddenly are cleared. This should not happen, I think it is a bug. regards, Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: 9.1.1 while running monitor, new monitor clears all others
Ronald, I just tried a few tests and for me the current monitors and their data is preserved when adding/removing new monitors. Even tried having the monitors auto reload with the same result. Can you please share some more details about your setup? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, I was a bit busy lately but here is a small video that shows what I mean. [add new monitor bug|https://www.dropbox.com/s/ileys1qemmggk56/dbvis_monitor_add_bug.mov] Ronald. Edited by: Ronald Rood on 5-nov-2013 15:13

Thank you Ronald! There are two issues in the video. First is the clearing of existing monitors and secondly while you are saving the test2 monitor it doesn't save the current Database Connection and Schema from the SQL Commander. What is the name (alias) of the Database Connection? I can only barely see it in the video. Can you please mail the files in the ~/.dbvis/Monitor/test directory? Should be test1.sql, test1.sql.met, test2.sql and test2.sql.met. Thanks! Regards Roger support@dbvis.com

Ronald, It seems that the clearing issue only happen if the monitors are located in a folder below the top Monitors node? Can you please confirm by moving the test1 and test2 monitors just below the Monitors node? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, yes, if I save the monitors in the top level, the data is maintained. Ronald.

the - not saving db connection issue - is caused by me, I did not run the query in the sqlcommander so it did not - yet - have a tie with a database connection. If I did run it in sqlcommander, the metadata would have been ok.

Ronald, This will be fixed in next maintenance version. Regards Roger

Ronald, This is now fixed in the 9.1.3 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger