Start a new topic

Navigating to results from SQL commander

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, in tab "SQL Commander" I'd like to toggle the focus between the sql and the results area *via keyboard shortcut*. Could you please tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance, Peter

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Navigating to results from SQL commander
Hi Peter, Do you mean keyboard shortcuts for the View->Expand/Restore Editor Area and View->Expand/Restore Result Set Area? If so, they are bound to Ctrl-6 and Ctrl-7 by default, but can bind them to other keys in Tool Properties General/Key Bindings, in the Main Menu/View node. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, Just while on the topic of navigation - what are the keyboard shortcut/s to switch between 'tabs'? For instance, if in sql editor how to switch between 'sql commander tabs' (1: Untitled* -> 2:Untitled* -> etc...). Or if result sets has focus how to switch between the various results tabs. In most windows programs this would be accomplished by Ctrl+Tab (forward) or Ctrl+Shift+Tab (reverse) but these keys don't work here. Cheers, Bryce.

Hi Bryce, By default, Next Tab is bound to Alt-Right and Previous Tab is bound to Alt-Left. You can change these bindings in Tool Properties, in the Main Menu/Window node under the General/Key Bindings category. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, I tried the Alt-right and Alt-left - but these have no effect. I checked the key bindings and this is what they are set to. I tried to add a new binding of first key: Ctrl, second key: Tab .... but you can't enter Tab as a key - it causes focus to jump to the next field. Is there a special way to insert a 'tab' character into the field? It looks like 'first key' should have been Ctrl-Tab for what I wanted but of course it jumped to next field. I could only find these under Tool Properties -> Key Bindings -> Docking Key Bindings -> Select Next Tab or Select Previous Tab. (version 9.0.7) So it looks like it is set to go, but doesn't work. Any suggestions please? Regards, Bryce. Edited by: Bryce Stenberg on 22-Oct-2013 04:28

Bryce, The key bindings for changing top level tabs are made in Tool Properties -> Key Bindings and in the Main Menu->View: "Next/Previous Workspace Tab" actions. There are situations when changing tabs are not perfect in 9.0.x. This was fixed in 9.1 and keys now respond properly in any current tab group. Regards Roger

Ah, I see them under 'Main menu - View', but now I updated to 9.1. They are gone from this location and now Next/Previous tab appear to be in 'Main menu - window'. but is all good, thank you. If I had started this thread I'd mark it as answered :-) Regards, Bryce.

Hi Hans, sorry for the late answer. I wonder whether it is possible to switch focus between both views without expanding the view. To me, using CTRL+6 resp. CTRL+7 expands either SQL Editor or Output View. The reason for my question: I'd like to execute a query like "SELECT name FROM names;" and afterwards want to navigation within the output view - without expanding either view and only using keyboard commands. I'm using version 8.0.11

HI Peter, I will open a new ticket for the focus move request. Regards Roger

Peter, There is now the new "Focus SQL Editor/Result Set Tabs" (Ctrl 5) in the View menu in the just released 9.1.4 version http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger