Start a new topic

Copy SQL statements and Paste it two identical SQL statements display

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I have DbVis version 9.1.2 and when I copy anything in the sql commander and paste it show duplicate right after another. Has anyone experienced this and were you all to resolve it? I also use the keyboard to do my copy paste work so [command/C] key combination shows under both Edit and Database. Is there a way to be specific option you want? Thank you, Joe

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Copy SQL statements and Paste it two identical SQL statements display
I wanted to add that I'm experiencing exactly the same thing since upgrading to DBVis 9. I have DBVis Pro 9.1.6 Build #2117 Java VM: Java HotSpot 64 - Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.7.0_04 OS: Mac OSx OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.8.5 I get this behavior consistently. I tried changing the appearance like suggested in the post and it did not help. Any info and/or pointer is appreciated! Rebecca
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Rebecca, If you are using Java 1.7.0_04 you need to upgrade it. Latest version is available here: http://www.java.com Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

BTW, changing the skin didn't actually help. So, no hope yet...
[Attachment has been removed.]

Dionisios, You said a few posts back that accessibility is not enabled for any apps. Can you just verify this an extra time? The attached screenshot show the system preferences pane to look at. If there are any apps checked in the Accessibility section, try uncheck them and give DbVisualizer another try. Let me know the progress. Regards Roger

No applications whatsoever...

Dionisios, Sorry for the delay. This is puzzling us. Just so that we are on the same page, can you try upgrade to the latest 9.1.6 version and give it a try. Make sure the Java version in the splash screen is 1.7.0_45 or later. Let me know the result. Regards Roger

No luck...

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I've updated my java runtime on my machine to the latest, java 7 update 51, but when I check the "about" in DbVis, it still shows 1.7.0_09. From what I've read online, DbVis should automatically pickup the latest version of java, but this does not appear to be happening. Any way I can update this setting myself?

Hi Brian, Try reinstalling DbVisualizer now when you have the latest Java. I believe the installer locks in on the latest version available during installation. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Hans, thanks for the prompt reply. I tried re-installing but the about is still indicating the same old version and the same double-paste problem is still happening. I looked for an uninstall script but cannot find one. Since I'm a developer, I do have multiple versions of java installed... is there a specific env variable or something which I can modify during install to force a particular version to be chosen?

I figured it out. my PATH was using jdk6. Since DbVis was showing 1.7.0_09, I didn't think this was having an effect, but setting my path to point to the latest version of java first, and executing dbvisgui.sh inside the App package is working. Once I got this working, it was simply a matter of creating a shell script to set my path (to not obstruct my dev env setup) and execute that script. Then creating an Automator Application to place in my dock... definitely feel like this was the hard way, but in a dev environment almost everything is done the hard way. My double-paste problem is gone... Woohoo! Thanks for the help!

Hi Brian, Using the dbvisgui.sh script with a PATH listing the latest Java first always works, as you have found out. It turns out that there was a bug in the launcher so it didn't pick up the latest JRE installation. This has been fixed in DbVisualizer 9.1.7. Best Regards, Hans