Start a new topic

Copy SQL statements and Paste it two identical SQL statements display

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I have DbVis version 9.1.2 and when I copy anything in the sql commander and paste it show duplicate right after another. Has anyone experienced this and were you all to resolve it? I also use the keyboard to do my copy paste work so [command/C] key combination shows under both Edit and Database. Is there a way to be specific option you want? Thank you, Joe

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Copy SQL statements and Paste it two identical SQL statements display
Hi Joe, Early versions of Java 7 on Mac duplicated some keyboard shortcut actions. Please upgrade to the latest Java 7 for Mac and it will hopefully resolve the issue. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am having the exact same problem. Upgrading to the latest Java version didn't help. This is really maddening. I am happy to provide you with any help I can in order to solve this.

Hi Dionisios, Please verify that DbVisualizer is really using the Java 7 version you upgraded to by checking in Help->About. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yes, I have 1.7.0_45, under Mac OSX 10.9.1 DBVisualizer version 9.1.1 What happens is: a. what is in the clipboard gets pasted twice (either by Ctrl+V or by Edit/Paste b. when you copy or paste, it seems it's the editor that always has the focus and not the grid and that all actions are directed towards there. For example, if you are in a grid cell trying to paste a value, this gets pasted in the editor and the only way to do the paste is to actually select the text IN the cell of the grid and then do right click/paste. The funny thing is that this is happening 70% of the time. Then something happens and everything is ok and then there we are again. Interesting: if I UNDOCK the grid, then things tend to behave better! As I've said, maddening! After using DBViz for so much time, I am starting to think I should revert back to an older version. Thanks.

Hi Dionisios, Sorry if I was unclear. Just because you have Java 1.7.0_45 installed doesn't mean that DbVisualizer uses that version. That's why I asked you to verify this by looking at the DbVisualizer Help->About dialog to make sure that this is the Java version listed in that dialog. Best Regards, Hans
[Attachment has been removed.]

I am using the correct version. This is not what's causing the problem. It seems like the focus is always on the editor and not on the grid, even though I click there. Also, the double pasting.

Dionisios, Can you please post or email a screenshot so that I can see how the tool is organized when the paste is occurring in the unexpected area? Are you running DbVisualizer on bare OS X or remote over for example VNC or some other remote desktop software? Do you have multiple monitors attached? Regards Roger support@dbvis.com
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hello again I am running OSX natively, on a (late 2009) iMac. I have multiple monitors. Here are two screenshots showing the setup and also the problem. In both cases, I have clicked on the GRID, but the selection seems to still be on the editor. When this happens, these are the symptoms: 1) if I copy (Ctrl+C), what gets in the clipboard is the selection from the editor (so that's what I get if I paste later on, anywhere). The only way to get the grid (cell) contents is to actually right click on the cell and choose copy. 2)If I put something else in the clipboard (let's say, from another application or even from the grid by right clicking) and then trying to paste anywhere in DBViz, the data always get pasted on the editor (never the grid), *twice*.

Hi, It is a very strange issue you've found. I have tried on both a Retina Mac and iMac and it works fine with both. What happen if you change the look and feel to something else than "Mac OS X" in Tools->Tool Properties and in the General / Appearance category? Regards Roger

It doesn't happen right away, and I haven't really figured out what triggers this behaviour. On the other hand, changing the appearance to Metal instead of Mac OSX seems to have worked, at least for the last day and a half. We'll see...

Update Although changing the skin seems to help, it didn't solve the problem. It just made it appear less frequently.

Dionisios, The problem you experience is very strange. Do you happen to have any apps that control the accessibility in your Mac OS X system? This can be checked in the System Preferences and in Security & Privacy. Regards Roger

No, nothing. DBViz 8 didn't have this problem...

Dionisios, I suggest you give the Java 6 installer a try. Regards Roger