Start a new topic

[ResultSet is from UPDATE] Type: java.sql.SQLException SQL State: S1000

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

After Connection to MySQL 4.0.15 through MySQL Connector Java mysql-connector-java-5.1.25 ( Revision: ${bzr.revision-id} ) I can view tables and content by double clicking and selecting "Data" tab, but any select query returns *An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: ResultSet is from UPDATE. No Data. Details: Type: java.sql.SQLException SQL State: S1000* After getting this error once and tring to reconnect I got: *An error occurred while establishing the connection:* *Long Message:* *ResultSet is from UPDATE. No Data.* *Details:* *   Type: java.sql.SQLException* *   SQL State: S1000* "MySQL Control Center" works fine. I tried to reinstall DbVisualizer 9.1.2 and tried another jdbc mysql drivers (older and newer), but nothing helped :-( What else should I try to make connection? P.S. Client on Windows 7 32. Edited by: Vladimir on 22.11.2013 13:19

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: [ResultSet is from UPDATE] Type: java.sql.SQLException SQL State: S1000
Hi Vladimir, Please enable debugging for DbVisualizer in Tools->Debug Window, run the query, and post the debug output here or with Help->Contact Support (the latter is preferred, because it gives us additional info that may help us find out what's causing this). Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Sent using "Help" -> "Contact support" Upgrade to DbVisualizer 9.1.3 did not help to resolve the problem. Output from debug: Database Type: MySQL Major Version: 4 Minor Version: 0 Profile: mysql Connection Message: MySQL 4.0.15 MySQL Connector Java mysql-connector-java-5.1.25 ( Revision: ${bzr.revision-id} ) 08:08:35 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-3-thread-2 AbstractFacade.isValid] Executing connection validation statement: SELECT 1 08:08:35 [DEBUG pool-4-thread-4 B.?] RootConnection: JDBC4PreparedStatement.executeQuery() 08:08:35 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-3-thread-2 G.?] Connecting: ocm 08:08:35 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-3-thread-2 L.?] Loading class using dynamic ClassLoader: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver 08:08:35 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-3-thread-2 L.?] Loading class using dynamic ClassLoader: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver 08:08:35 [DEBUG pool-4-thread-4 D.?] DefaultEditor22: Driver.acceptsURL("jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.202:3306/fishery") 08:08:35 [DEBUG pool-4-thread-4 D.?] DefaultEditor22: Driver.connect("jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.202:3306/fishery", {user=***********, password=******, clientInfoProvider=com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4CommentClientInfoProvider}) 08:08:35 [DEBUG pool-4-thread-4 D.?] DefaultEditor22: EXCEPTION -> java.sql.SQLException: ResultSet is from UPDATE. No Data. java.sql.SQLException: ResultSet is from UPDATE. No Data. at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1078) at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:989) at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:975) at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:920) at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.next(ResultSetImpl.java:6999) at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.loadServerVariables(ConnectionImpl.java:4181) at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.initializePropsFromServer(ConnectionImpl.java:3582) at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectOneTryOnly(ConnectionImpl.java:2531) at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2301) at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.(ConnectionImpl.java:834) at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.(JDBC4Connection.java:47) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411) at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:416) at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:346) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.D.?(Z:1413) at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.F$A.call(Z:1474) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Edited by: Vladimir on 26.11.2013 7:14

Hi Vladimir, Thanks for the additional info. I see now that you are using a MySQL 4.0 database. We bundle the latest version of the MySQL JDBC driver, and it possible that it does not work well with MySQL 4.0. In fact, I can't see any JDBC driver version that is recommended for use with a MySQL 4.0 database: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/connector-j-versions.html But it is odd because you can obviously connect once to the database. DbVisualizer uses one connection for the Databases tree and most Object View tabs, but each SQL Commander tab opens its own connection. Could it be that your database is configured to only accept one connection from a client? This is a problem that none of our other customers have reported so I hope you can help us figure it out. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yes, you are right. There is connection limit per user. Testing the same database on another MySQL 4 server (where I can change configuration) showed correct responses from queries. If there is configuration option for DbVisualizer to use only one connection couldn't you tell me where I can find it, because the "main" server doesn't belong to me.

Hi Vladimir, Thanks for the information. In the current version, there is no way to tell DbVisualizer to use just one connection, but it is something we are looking at for the next feature version. Best Regards, Hans

It would be great. I like DbVisualizer very much. Thank you, Hans!