Start a new topic

Grid Update Broken for Oracle in 9.1.3?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

After updating to 9.1.3, I can't edit cells in the grid view after executing queries. Upon hitting the 'save' icon, I get a "table or view does not exist" exception. However, if I cut and paste the SQL from the error window into a tab and execute it, it updates fine. Any ideas? Also, where can I get a copy of 9.1.2 if I want to downgrade? Database: Oracle 11.2.0.3 Enterprise RAC JDK: 7u45 OS: OS X 10.9.0 Thanks, Ryan

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Grid Update Broken for Oracle in 9.1.3?
Hi Ryan, I'm unable to reproduce this problem. Can you please open Tools->Debug Window and enable debugging (for DbVisualizer only) and post the debug output from doing this? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hans, I'm attaching a debug session dump. It represents me running a query, then attempting to edit the results. One thing that puzzles me is the statement on line 18: ALTER SESSION SET current_schema = "RSCHARER". This is not the schema that's showing in the "Schema" drop-down. Why would the underlying session switch to the default schema after a query? Thanks, Ryan

Hi Ryan, Thanks. I'm able to reproduce the problem and I'm looking into what may cause it. A work-around for now is to qualify the table name with the schema, regardless of the Schema drop down setting. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Is there a way to fully-qualify the table name from the data grid? Maybe something in 'settings'? I don't see anything obvious. Thanks, Ryan

Hi Ryan, I meant qualify the table name in the query, .e.g: select * from SYNONYM_MANAGER_V2.synonym_source where synonym_source_config_id = 89 Or are you asking about something else? Best Regards, Hans

Ryan, Can you please give the following pre-release a test and verify that issue you reported is solved? http://www.dbvis.com/temp/dbvis_macos_9_1_4_java7.dmg Looking forward to your response. Regards Roger

It does indeed seem to fix the issue. Thanks for the quick turnaround! This will make my life much easier.

I'm having the same problem with Informix, where "Schema" is not used, just "Database Connection" and "database". This is the output from the debug window: ----- Product Information ----- Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1.3 Build: #2091 (2013/11/22 16:43) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_20 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1 ----- Connected Databases ----- Database Type: Informix Major Version: 12 Minor Version: 10 Profile: informix Connection Message: Informix Dynamic Server 12.10.FC1WE IBM Informix JDBC Driver for IBM Informix Dynamic Server 3.70.JC1 ----- Debug Printouts ----- 16:43:37 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-2-thread-11 N.?] DbConnection='OP-Server' Catalog='null' Schema='null' Table='transfusionen' Where='transfusionsnr = ${transfusionsnr (where)||177074||Integer||where pk ds=11 dt=INTEGER}$' 16:43:37 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-2-thread-11 J.execute] Executing... 16:43:37 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-2-thread-11 J.setCurrentCatalog] DbConnection='OP-Server' Catalog='andok91' Schema='null' NewCatalog='null' 16:43:37 [DEBUG pool-3-thread-20 C.?] DefaultEditor32: IfxSqliConnect.prepareStatement("SELECT count(*) FROM transfusionen where transfusionsnr = ?") 16:43:37 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-2-thread-11 O.?] index=[1] name=[transfusionsnr (where)] value=[177074] type=[Integer] options=[where pk ds=11 dt=INTEGER] 16:43:37 [DEBUG pool-3-thread-20 B.?] DefaultEditor32: IfxPreparedStatement.setInt(1, 177074) 16:43:37 [DEBUG pool-3-thread-20 B.?] DefaultEditor32: IfxPreparedStatement.execute() 16:43:37 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-2-thread-11 F.?] Lease unused connection: unnamed0 - New Name: unnamed1 16:43:37 [DEBUG pool-3-thread-20 C.?] unnamed1: IfxSqliConnect.setTransactionIsolation(1) 16:43:37 [DEBUG pool-3-thread-20 C.?] unnamed1: IfxSqliConnect.setAutoCommit(false) 16:43:37 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-2-thread-11 J.execute] Executing... *16:43:37 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-2-thread-11 J.setCurrentCatalog] DbConnection='OP-Server' Catalog='verteiler' Schema='null' NewCatalog='null'* 16:43:37 [DEBUG pool-3-thread-20 C.?] unnamed1: IfxSqliConnect.prepareStatement("UPDATE transfusionen SET entnahmenr = ? WHERE transfusionsnr = ?") 16:43:37 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-2-thread-11 G.?] Commit: OP-Server 16:43:37 [DEBUG pool-3-thread-20 C.?] unnamed1: IfxSqliConnect.commit() 16:43:37 [DEBUG pool-3-thread-20 C.?] unnamed1: IfxSqliConnect.setAutoCommit(true) 16:43:37 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-2-thread-11 F.?] Freeing connection: unnamed1 for OP-Server The problem might lie in the line marked bold, where "Catalog='verteiler" is set. This is the default database for the DbConnection, but I explicitly chose database "andok91" in the select box for the tab. If I explicitly set the database in the SQL statement, I cannot grid edit any more. Please don't ask about the ancient Java Version, I have no choice here due to commercial legacy software that doesn't run with newer versions :(

Richard, Please give the following pre-release a test to see if it solve the problem: http://www.dbvis.com/temp/dbvis_windows_9_1_4.exe On a related note I really recommend you to upgrade to the latest Java 1.6.0_45 version: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html If Java 7 is an option that is even better. Regards Roger

Thanks, looking good! Regarding the Java version, as I said before: I have no choice. As long as that crappy legacy software (long discontinued by the manufacturer) is being used company-wide, there is no chance for a newer Java version. Edited by: Richard Spitz on 02.12.2013 17:19

Richrd, Thanks for the update. Just wanted to notify you on the Java version since 1.6.0_20 is quite old. DbVisualizer with the bundled Java VM will not affect your other Java applications so that should be safe to use. Regards Roger

Hi, The broken table data editor is now fixed in the just released 9.1.4 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger