Start a new topic

Still using dbvis 6.5.12. Getting error messages withMySQL

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi! Something's wrong today :( I'm using dbvis now for several years (registered 6.5). Today I installed it on a "new" laptop with Win 7 Home Edition, but had no success at all, except after I choose the installer with JRE. But this computer for sure has Java as I'm using jEdit all the time. However... Now that fbvis starts, I try to connect to a local MySQL DB which I also installed today, but each time I click on a table, I get this error message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OPTION SQL_SELECT_LIMIT=DEFAULT' at line 1 What do I need to do to resolve that problem?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Still using dbvis 6.5.12. Getting error messages withMySQL
Hi Stephan, Thanks for posting your findings. The latest version of DbVisualizer bundles the 5.1.25 version of the MySQL driver, so this should not be an issue for users of the latest version. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Still using dbvis 6.5.12. Getting error messages withMySQL
Solved: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15669270/option-sql-select-limit-default