Start a new topic

Queries Auto (frustratingly) Executing Multiple Times

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Updated to 9.1.5 last night. I haven't seen this until now. Maybe there's a setting or something... When I execute any simple query, say: select * from foo The query executes multiple times. As if I had highlighted: select * from foo select * from foo I get two result grids when there's only one query. If I actually do highlight two queries, I get 4 results. Any ideas? thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Queries Auto (frustratingly) Executing Multiple Times
Lee, What OS are you using and what Java version? Also, what database and JDBC driver version? If you are on Mac and Java 7, make sure you are using the latest 1.7.0_45 Java version as there were problems in older version with actions being executed multiple times. If you are not a Mac user with an old Java version, please enable debug of DbVisualizer and run the SELECT statement again. You enable debug in Tools->Debug Window. Post the log here. Let us know the progress. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Thanks for your reply. I'm on a Mac. In this case, using SQLServer, jdbc:jtds:. Honestly, I'm a bit confused on which Java is running. There's the reference to a Java Version in the DbVisualizer About, in the Java Control Panel through System Preferences, and then lastly, a different one in the Terminal. See attachment. The situation persists. Please advise. Thanks again Lee

Hi Lee, From the screenshot is is clear that you are using 1.7.0_45 for DbVisualizer and that is all that really matters here. Please also post a screenshot of the SQL Commander tab with the script you are executing and the debug output from running the script. You enable DbVisualizer debugging in Tools->Debug Window. Best Regards, Hans

Hi again Lee, Do you trigger Execute using the keyboard or by clicking the Execute button in the SQL Commander toolbar? If it's the former, does it make any difference if you click the button, or vice versa. Which database and JDBC driver are you using? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I hadn't tried executing the query via the green play button until you mentioned it. I instinctively alway execute via cmd + enter. When I execute via the Button, it seems to only execute once (one result grid). If I use the cmd + enter, I get the multiple grids. JDBC Driver = SQL Server (jTDS) -- I don't see a version number.

Hi Lee, The symptoms are exactly as when running with an older Java 7 version. Are you by any chance running multiple DbVisualizer instances, and the one where you see this is in fact using an older Java 7? Please double check in the About window when you see this problem. With the info we have now, I doubt the database and JDBC driver version have anything to do with it, but for future reference, you can see the version info in the Connection Message area in the Connection tab for the connection. Best Regards, Hans

Hmm... I'm not sure. There seemed to be only that one application version and instance installed and running. I just reverted back to 9.0.9 and it's fine. Might be something to do with some Java version weirdness. I don't have time right now to work it out and can't afford to be off my game. Maybe if I get some free time in the next week or so, I'll try it out again. thanks Lee Edited by: lee isles on Dec 19, 2013 5:53 AM

Hi Lee, Okay, I understand that you don't have the time now but I hope you get a chance later and let us know the progress. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Lee, Java 6 was always maintained by Apple, since Java 7 it's maintained by Oracle. The transition is not always smooth, I've struggled with the same problems. See here how to clean up the Java situation on your Mac, this way at least you'll be sure you're using Java 7 for everything. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19533528/installing-java-on-os-x-10-9-mavericks#comment29812677_19582689 Kind regards, Jonck