Start a new topic

Active Tab Not Highlighted

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

In DBVis 9.1.5 the Metal style causes the active tab in the table Object View to be displayed in the same manner as the inactive tabs (all tabs use grey text - none use black). There is no visible distinction even though the "Show Active Tab Title in Bold" option is turned on. Is this a bug or am I missing some other setting? The other Look and Feel styles work as I would expect in this regard. All tab text is black but the active tab is bolded. I somewhat prefer the Metal style but can live with some of the others if necessary. Thank you for your thoughts.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Active Tab Not Highlighted
Roger, It's a beautiful thing! Tab highlighting works normally now with the "Metal" Look and Feel. Thank you very much! Mark
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Mark, Just to inform you that this is now fixed in the 9.1.6 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, thank you for your feedback. Your observations imply the issue is caused by some setting on my workstation, though I can't imagine what it might be. Since a second person reported having the same problem your decision to modify the Metal scheme might be wise. I'll keep playing with my display configuration. If I discover a solution I'll post it to this thread.
[Attachment has been removed.]

Mark, I am still quite confused you cannot see the brighter background color for the selected tab. I've opened the screenshot in Paint, IE and Firefox and the brighter BG color for active tab is visible. We will change in the next maintenance version so that the foreground color is black and that the "Show Active Tab Title in Bold" will also work for Metal. (The standard font style for Metal is Bold all-over the UI but we'll change so that if the property is set the font style for non active tabs will be set to non-bold style). See screenshot. Regards Roger

I was going to report this issue myself but found this thread. Today I upgraded DbVis version from 9.0.x to the latest 9.1.5 and encountered the same issue with Metal theme. Overall text on tabs is so grayish and hardly visible as if displayed on some disabled UI widget, and a bit brighter background does not help. Please see an attachment. Could you please fix the text on active tab to be clear black? Edited by: abyss on Dec 31, 2013 4:53 PM

No, I am not seeing any difference in the background color of the tab. I am not referring to the orange stripe. Be sure to notice my "EDIT" paragraph in the prior post. DbVis is displaying the tabs in the same manner as when the attached Metal GIF is downloaded and opened with Microsoft Windows Paint (at least on my workstation). Thanks, Mark

Mark, The screenshot for 9.1.5 with the Metal look and feel you've sent have the brighter background color for the current active tab. Don't you see that difference compared to a non selected tab? If you are instead referring to the orange top border on the current tab with the Synthetica L&F, then that's is not displayed for Metal in 9.1.5. Does this make sense? Regards Roger

I can't see any noticeable difference in the tabs (the current tab is Columns). The OS is Windows 7 Enterprise, fully-patched. See what you think in the attached screenshots. One uses Metal and the other uses Synthetica Standard.: I recently upgraded from 9.1.3, where the tabs behaved as expected. Thank you for your thoughts! EDIT: I just discovered if the attached GIF file for Metal is viewed with any major web browser (Internet Explorer 10, Firefox ESR 24.2 or Chrome 31) then the current tab is shown with a different (light) background color while the inactive tabs have a grey background. But if the file is viewed with any photo software (e.g. Windows Paint) the current tab is identical in appearance to the inactive tabs. Does version 9.1.5 use different graphics technology than 9.1.3 used? Mark Edited by: Mark Smellie on Dec 26, 2013 9:05 AM Edited by: Mark Smellie on Dec 26, 2013 9:50 AM

Mark, Thanks for your post. The current tab in Metal should have a slight brighter background color than the other tabs. If this is not the case for you, please post a screenshot and let me know what OS you are using. Metal use bold font by default so the "Show Active Tab Title in Bold" have no effect on it. Happy holidays! Regards Roger