Start a new topic

Display Catalog when adding Table in Query Builder

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

My users are trying to connect two tables in different databases but in the same connection. They are using Query Builder, they drag each table over but the Query Builder does not grab the "catalog"/Database name. So when they try to run the query they receive an error. When I manually add the database/catalog name in SQL Edittor and go back to the Query Builder, they are removed. I have gone into the Properties of the Connection and have all the Qualifiers options selected. Is there something I need to change in my connection or profile? I am using SQL Server jTDS.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Display Catalog when adding Table in Query Builder
Hi Megan, This is unfortunately a known limitation in the current version. The only work-around for now is what you already seem to do: manually adding the database qualifier before running the query. We have an open ticket for (optionally) including the database qualifier in the object identifiers. I will add your vote for it. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thank you. Hopefully you can get a fix and push it out soon. My users will be joining tables often using Query Builder.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Megan, Just to inform you the qualifier issue is now fixed in the latest 9.1.6 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger