Start a new topic

Function editor is merging words where must be space

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, I have a problem with Function editor when I open any function. I'm using DbVis 9.1.5 Pro and I'm working with database IBM Informix 11.5. If I open a function, there are places where are missing spaces between words. For example instead of this: create table t_dochprac1 ( oscis integer ,dpp char(1) ,kod_kal smallint ); I got this: createtable t_dochprac1 ( oscis integer ,dpp char(1) ,kod_kal smallint ); It's not a huge mistake but it's a problem for color marking. In the first example words create and table will be in a blue color but in second case word createtable will be in ordinary black color. This mistake is showing occasionally so it doesn't affect all words in function, just some of them.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Function editor is merging words where must be space
Hi Lukas, That sounds like a serious problem, actually. Can you please execute the following query (replacing the function name and schema with accurate values) for a function where you always see this and email the result (export to text) to us at support@dbvis.com. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, that function is executed normally. It doesn't have influence on execution of function. I found out what is doing these abnormalities. In sysprocbody table there is column data with 255 nchars and I have IFX_TRIMTRAILINGSPACES database parameter set to 1 so it trims some white spaces. And if text of function is divided into two pieces just between create and table, trim function cuts the space between these two words and mistake is there. So I think you cannot do anything with this because it is not your fault. Lukas
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Lukas, Thanks for the update, and for finding out what's causing this. As long as you do not edit a function with missing whitespace and try to save it, it is just annoying. If you want to use the Function Editor to update and save functions you need to change the IFX_TRIMTRAILINGSPACES first. Best Regards, Hans