Start a new topic

How to fix SQLN4214N Errors

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

We have a datasource that has moved over to DB2 V10 and we are suddenly getting these errors when trying to connect to that datasource via DBVisualizer: An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: [jcc][t4][201][11237][4.15.82] Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: Security mechanism not supported. ERRORCODE=-4214, SQLSTATE=28000 Details:    Type: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlInvalidAuthorizationSpecException    Error Code: -4214    SQL State: 28000 I know for some application, this can be fixed by updating the security mechanism to 13. How do you do this in DBVisualizer? Any help is appreciated.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: How to fix SQLN4214N Errors
Hi, To set an alternative security mechanism open the Connection Properties and chose "Driver Properties". In the list there should be a securityMechanism property. Set its value to 13, press Apply and re-connect. Does this work? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I do not have that in the list. Actually, there is only one entry in my list and that is "retrieveMessagesFromServerOnGetMessage". How do I refresh the driver so that I get all the options in the list?

Hi, Try insert it: Name = securityMechanism Value = 13 You find all available driver properties in this web page: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.db2.udb.apdv.java.doc%2Fdoc%2Frjvdsprp.htm Unfortunately these are not managed by the DB2 driver implementation and automatically show up in the Driver Properties in DbVisualizer. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger - I really appreciate you trying to help me with this. I manually added securityMechanism 13, applied it, and tried to reconnect. This is the error I receive now: An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: [jcc][t4][201][11237][4.15.82] Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: Security mechanism not supported. ERRORCODE=-4214, SQLSTATE=28000 Details:    Type: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlInvalidAuthorizationSpecException    Error Code: -4214    SQL State: 28000

Hi, You will need to check with the DB2 community what this error really means and how to solve it. There are a few related matches with Google: https://www.google.se/?gws_rd=cr&ei=RvzoUuP_HIir4ATKmoCQBQ#q=DB2+%22security+mechanism+not+supported%22 I hope this helps. Regards Roger

got same error but connected with same user name and password using IBM control center and it showed me the real error: SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "19" ("USERID DISABLED or RESTRICTED"). SQLSTATE=08001 The solution is to run db2extsec, and this fixed the problem in DBVis

Pete, Thanks for sharing your solution. Regards Roger