Start a new topic

Alias columns don't show alias name in dbVis 9.1.5

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Just upgraded from 8.0.9 to 9.1.5. My query when executed in 8.0.9 shows aliases in the results grid...in 9.1.5 the columns retain their actual column name. select a.claim_id, e.name as AIAPOS34 from fedicws.clm_claim a join fedicws.clm_detail b on a.claim_id = b.claim_id join fedicws.adm_detail_defn c on b.detail_defn_id = c.detail_defn_id join fedicws.clm_detail_data d on b.detail_id = d.detail_id join fedicws.adm_list_l e on d.detail_list_id = e.list_id and c.detail_name = 'AIAPOS34' This returns 2 columns....claim_id and name. In 8.0.9 it would return 2 columns...claim_id and AIAPOS34. I found a post that referenced useOldAliasMetadataBehavior = true setting. I added that setting to the driver properties and it didn't change anything. I am using : Database Type = DB2 LUW Driver (JDBC) = DB2 Database URL jdbc:db2://.... My connection properties: Database Product Name : DB2/AIX64 Database Product Version : SQL09055 Driver Name : IBM Data Server for JDBC and SQLJ Driver Version : 4.15.82 Any suggestions on other things that I can change to get the aliased column names back? Thanks KS

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Alias columns don't show alias name in dbVis 9.1.5
Keith, Sorry for the confusion... Check the following: In Tool Properties and the General / Grid category there is a "Show Column Alias as Grid Column Label" setting. Make sure it is enabled and try again. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Alias columns don't show alias name in dbVis 9.1.5
Thank you Roger. That was the solution to my problem. Much appreciated. KS