Start a new topic

Blank line as statement delimiter

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I've tried to changed the second statement delimiter to a blank line (I've tried both "\n\n" and "\r\n\r\n"), but it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong or is this not supported? Regards, Mikael

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Blank line as statement delimiter
Mikael, The setting of statement separator must include visible characters. Newline, tab and other control sequences are not supported. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Ok, thanks! Is that some limitation of the editor component, or can I post a feature request for blank line as statement delimiter (like they have in Toad, for example)? / Mikael
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

MIíkael, It is not possible to support a blank line delimiter due to the implementation. Even if it allowed for it I doubt it is a good idea putting semantic on a new line from just being a new line (visibility purpose only). Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Ah, too bad! Good idea or not, I guess that's subjective. Other db clients have it, like Toad and DBeaver. It works really well and it saves me from typing all those delimiters. / Mikael