Start a new topic

Can I change column order of Unique Constraint DDL?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm exporting the schema of an Oracle 11g database using the export schema method that's shown when you right click on a schema in the Database explorer view. The resulting DDL does not list the columns in the constraint by their ordinal position within the table. Following is an example... CONSTRAINT UQ_ABCHISTORY UNIQUE(BASERIDERCODE,TRANSSUBSEQUENCENUMB,TRANSSEQUENCENUMBER,PROCESSINGDAYDAY,PROCESSINGDAYMONTH,PROCESSINGDAYYEAR,POLICY,COMPANY) However, if I simply double click on the table and select the DDL tab they are shown in the correct order. CONSTRAINT UQ_ABCHISTORY UNIQUE(COMPANY,POLICY,PROCESSINGDAYYEAR,PROCESSINGDAYMONTH,PROCESSINGDAYDAY,TRANSSEQUENCENUMBER,TRANSSUBSEQUENCENUMB,BASERIDERCODE) Is there a way to force the column list for constraints to align with the ordinal positions of the columns? Thanks very much for your help.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Can I change column order of Unique Constraint DDL?
Hi, I will look into this, but it is the same code that is used for both export and the DDL tab, so if the order is different is must be just random. Also, does the order really matter in a UNIQUE constraint? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Can I change column order of Unique Constraint DDL?
Hi, This is now fixed in the just released 9.1.8 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger