Start a new topic

JDBC Connection to Pervasive DB

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I downloaded the JDBC files for Pervasive. Then, I created a new db connection. There's a green check-mark next to the JDBC driver for Pervasive. When I try to connect to a Pervasive DB on my localhost, Java errors are returned (see below) Is there anything I might look at to fix this and get connected? (To load the drivers, I just went to the folder they are in and highlighted all the .jar files.) ----------------------------------------------- Details:    Type: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException Stack Trace: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.connect(Unknown Source)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.A.G.ľ(Z:3097)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.A.G.į(Z:2906)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.A.E.į(Z:2416)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.A.D.execute(Z:808)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.Y.ā(Z:1386)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.K.Ă(Z:1374)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.K.doInBackground(Z:1521)    at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)    at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.pervasive.jdbc.common.Utils.getMyAddressString()Ljava/lang/String;    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.F$A.call(Z:210)    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)    ... 3 more Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.pervasive.jdbc.common.Utils.getMyAddressString()Ljava/lang/String;    at com.pervasive.jdbc.common.Utils.getMyAddressString(Native Method)    at com.pervasive.jdbc.common.Utils.getMyAddressString1(Utils.java:15)    at com.pervasive.jdbc.v2.Connection.getConnectString(Connection.java:257)    at com.pervasive.jdbc.v2.Connection.(Connection.java:134)    at com.pervasive.jdbc.v2.Driver.connect(Driver.java:57)    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor50.invoke(Unknown Source)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.D.ā(Z:1413)    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.F$A.call(Z:1474)    ... 4 more Edited by: joe m on Feb 18, 2014 12:42 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: JDBC Connection to Pervasive DB
Hi Joe, The Pervasive JDBC driver is a Type 4 driver (pure Java) but the error you get indicates that it is looking for native code. Please make sure you loaded the JAR files distributed with your version of the Pervasive database. If that does not solve the problem, please ask for help from the Pervasive community. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Joe, I just found this: http://cs.pervasive.com/forums/p/5547/20311.aspx I appears that some versions prior to 10 do have a dependency on native code, so either use a version later than 10 or make sure the native code DLLs are made available to DbVisualizer, e.g. by putting them in C:\Windows\System32 or add the folder they are found in to the PATH environment variable. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks, Hans. You pointed us in the right direction. Turns out I had Version 10 of Pervasive installed on my machine. Once it was updated to v 11, DbVis connected just fine. :) Joe

Hi Joe, Great, thanks for confirming. Best Regards, Hans