Start a new topic

CSV Imort Fails on first column of every row.

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Environment: Win Server 2008 R2 MSSQL Server 2008 R2 DBVis Pro 9.1.6 I'm trying to import a Tab delimited text file. Within the import wizard: Checked - Header in the first row Quoted Text Between: " Map by Column Name I have checked and verified the datatypes between the table and file match. All columns are either number or string. The first column is "Year" and a string: 2013-2014 When I try and import, I receive: 10:11:45 [ Row: 2, File lines: 2-2 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. 10:11:45 [ Row: 3, File lines: 3-3 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. 10:11:45 [ Row: 4, File lines: 4-4 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. 10:11:45 [ Row: 5, File lines: 5-5 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. 10:11:45 [ Row: 6, File lines: 6-6 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. 10:11:45 [ Row: 7, File lines: 7-7 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. 10:11:45 [ Row: 8, File lines: 8-8 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. 10:11:46 [ Row: 9, File lines: 9-9 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. 10:11:46 [ Row: 10, File lines: 10-10 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. 10:11:46 [ Row: 11, File lines: 11-11 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. 10:11:46 [ Row: 12, File lines: 12-12 ] Incorrect syntax near 'Year'. All rows fail with the same error. Is there a way to troubleshoot this issue?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: CSV Imort Fails on first column of every row.
Hi Kinny, Please email us a file with a few sample rows from the CSV file so we can try to reproduce it and come up with a solution. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

File is attached. Thanks!!!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Kinny, Thanks for the sample file. Your column names contains blanks, e.g. "School Year". You must then use delimited identifiers, so check the corresponding checkbox in the Import wizard on the page where you do the column mapping. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thank you so much! Never occurred to me regarding the column names. Next beer is on me. :-)