Start a new topic

Unreadable screens after changing fonts

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, as a DB Vis newbie i downloaded the dbvis_windows_9_1_6_jre.exe to a USB stick and installed DB Visualizer using the USB Stick also as target drive (on a Windows XP machine). All went fine...DB Visualizer started up nicely and worked OK. Then i decided to increase the default font points in Tools->Appearance->Fonts for each of the 3 fonts shown with 3 points (from 12 to 15) to get bigger characters..and then...the Visualizer screens became unreadable.....all sorts of horizontal bars and squares appeared ...uninstalling DB Vis followed by a reinstall did not help...any help is deeply appreciated! Thx in advance.. Frank Silven

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Unreadable screens after changing fonts
Hi Frank, Not sure how it can be related to what you describe, but did you follow these instructions for installing on a USB stick? http://confluence.dbvis.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3146038 Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, No I did not manipulate the dbvis.vmoptions file on my USB stick. I will try this proposed method shortly. But is there no easy method to get my start font settings again ? Thx for the quick reply! Frank
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Frank, Setting the "prefs dir" as described in the instructions means all you settings go back to default, since it is in the "prefs dir" they are stored. You can also open Tool Properties to the font settings and click Defaults, assuming you can see that much with the current garbled GUI. Best Regards, Hans