Start a new topic

Cannot Evaluate DBVISUALIZER 9.1.6 - Getting the license failed.

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Good day I've downloaded DBVISUALIZER version 9.1.6 but unfortunately I cannot evaluate the TRIAL version before we purchase the license as per business requirements. I have the error message below: Getting the license failed. Please check the . java.net.UnknownHostException: http://ipwsa105w04.africa.nedcor.net:9001/qaproxy.pac Below are the information of the environment on which I am working: Product: DbVisualizer Free 9.1.6 Build: #2117 (2014/01/26 21:20) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_45 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1 Would you be able to assist? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Engo.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Cannot Evaluate DBVISUALIZER 9.1.6 - Getting the license failed.
Engo, It looks like there is a problem with the Proxy setup. Have you checked the proxy settings in DbVisualizer? You find it in Tools->Tool Properties and the General / Proxy Setting category. If it still fail, please send an email to support@dbvis.com and we will assist you with the evaluation license. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Roger Thanks for the update and guidance. Please correct me if I am wrong: I followed the steps in order to add the Proxy Server (See attached file for your perusal). However, I still have the same error message. Maybe, the evaluation step is not yet valid, I don't know. Would you please provide me with the support email so that I could request further assistance? Thanks in advance, Engo.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Engo, support@dbvis.com Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger. Email sent to Support. Much appreciated. Engo.