Start a new topic

Bug(?) in rectangular edit

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hello everyone, When I try to edit a block of text using the rectangular area edit (Alt+Click), I get strange results when selecting and typing (thus overwriting characters). The characters seem to be inserted at random positions, but not at the place where the area was selected. I am attaching 2 screenshot: 1) selecting a column of characters 2) typing the letter X --> X gets inserted at random positions (first and last row are correct) When I select the last column of a block, then the characters get inserted at the last position correctly. Can you reproduce this? I am using version 9.1.7 pro Thanks Raik

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Bug(?) in rectangular edit
Hi Ralk, Thanks for reporting this. I can reproduce it and will look for a fix. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, there still seems to be a glitch in rectangular edit. If you select multiple columns and hit a key, it replaces all characters except of those in the last line. Interestingly that only happens if you select from top right to bottom left and vice versa. It works when selecting from top left to bottom right and vice versa. Can please have another look at it. It attached 3 screenshots. Thanks, Raik Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.2.7 [Build #2457] OS: Windows 7 OS Version: 6.1 OS Arch: x86 Java Version: 1.8.0_45 Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation Edited by: Raik on 10.06.2015 11:07

Hi Raik, Thanks for reporting this, we will look into getting it fixed. Best Regards, Hans

Raik, Just to let you know DbVisualizer 9.2.10 has just been released with the fix for the problem you reported. Release notes: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.2.10 Easiest is that you open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer to perform the upgrade. An alternative is that you download from our web site: http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thank you!

Hi Roger, unfortunately I just found another bug in the rectangular edit. This time it involves copy and pasting: Here it how to replicate it: 1) Copy one or more characters (Ctrl-C) 2) Select a column in front of a text block 3) Paste it (Ctrl-V) The result is, that the pasted characters overwrite the first character in the first row of the text block, and every first character in the subsequent rows gets removed. Please see screenshots attached. Raik Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.2.14 [Build #2495] OS: Windows 7 OS Version: 6.1 OS Arch: x86 Java Version: 1.8.0_65 Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation Java Home: c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_65 DbVis Home: C:\Program Files\DbVisualizer SessionId: 224

Hi Raik, Thanks for the report. I will open a ticket and we will look into it. Regards Roger