Start a new topic

How to reload a file?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When I open an SQL file in DbVisualizer, it doesn't seem to recognise when the file has been changed by another program.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: How to reload a file?
Good stuff! I also tend to make changes to my scripts using an external editor and always found it a little annoying that I had to make a change to the script in DbVisualizer in order to enable the Revert feature. Thanks.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Robert, Revert to Saved and Compared with Saved are now always enabled if a file is loaded in the just released 9.1.8 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

But File > Revert to Saved also doesn't become selectable until you make a change to the file within DbVisualizer.. this is still really unfriendly. DbVisualizer really should be able to pick a file change without a user action - or at least make such an option user configurable. Edited by: Robert Mark Bram on 07-Apr-2014 01:44

Robert, There is also the option to revert to saved in File->Revert to Saved. Regards Roger

Can this be changed? It is terribly unfriendly - if I modify the file in some other application, DbVisualizer doesn't pick it up unless make a change in the file and attempt to save.. or close and re-open the file.

Robert, Once a file is loaded and being edited in DbVisualizer there is no automatic notification whenever the file is externally modified. Any external changes in a file is recognized by DbVisualizer at save. You will then be prompted with various options how to proceed. Regards Roger