Start a new topic

DbVis opens two copies of the program every time I start it

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

This began many versions ago, and I can seem to find settings anywhere to turn this behavior off. I'm using the 64-bit version on Windows 8.1.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DbVis opens two copies of the program every time I start it
Hi Aaron, How do you start DbVisualizer when this happens? Have you tried uninstalling DbVisualizer and then install it again? You can do that without loosing any settings, as they are stored separately in the /Users//.dbvis folder, not with the program itself. Best Regards, Hans

Aaron, In addition to Hans response: may it be so that you have two main windows of DbVisualizer open when you exit it? At next start-up DbVisualizer will automatically open the same number of windows as was open when closing it. To fix this, close one of the windows and then exit. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I just uninstalled and reinstalled with the latest 9.1.7 version to no avail. I start the application by running the dbvis.exe file (via shortcut) from the "C:\Program Files\DbVisualizer" directory. I always close the extraneous window when the program launches, then when I'm finished I close the program. The next time I start it, the second window launches again. Thanks for the suggestions!

Aaro, How many dbvis.exe processes are running in the activity monitor? If it's only one, close DbVisualizer and open a Windows explorer and navigate to C:\Users\\.dbvis\Workspace\default Are there more than one window-nn folder there? Remove the folders and then re-start DbVisualizer. Does this help? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, that was the trick. I had two folders there, one named window-0 and the other window-01. I removed window-01, and upon the next run I only started with one window. Thanks so much!