Start a new topic

Tool 'compare grids' does not detect 'insert/delete' any more

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hello everybody @dbvis.com, if the compare tool compares two grids and detects a non-matching value in one of them, it also marks all following lines 'changed', even if they have the same value. I'm using the latest version of dbvis (9.1.8) on linux and i can remember, that this behaviour of the compare tool used to be different a long while ago. So i started to install the old versions and tested them with the very same comparison. The last version that did it right was 9.0.4 Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.4 Build: #1920 (2013/02/19 10:16) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_26 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Linux OS Arch: i386 OS Version: 3.2.0-61-generic-pae The problem first showed up with 9.0.5 Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.5 Build: #1924 (2013/03/05 13:16) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_26 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Linux OS Arch: i386 OS Version: 3.2.0-61-generic-pae Have a look at the two attached screenshots and hopefully you'll understand. 'dbvis_904_compare.png' is made with dbvis 9.0.4. 'dbvis_905_compare.png' is made with dbvis 9.0.5. dbvis 9.0.4 recognizes that userid 8328 was deleted, and all following lines are the same. dbvis 9.0.5 'thinks' that userid 8328 and all following lines have changed, which is not really true. The 'DbVisualizer 9.0.5 - Change Log' has two entries about changes in the compare tool. So long, roland

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Tool 'compare grids' does not detect 'insert/delete' any more
Hi Roland, In 9.0.5 we added features to Compare so that grids that differ slightly can still be compared, and also made it possible to select which columns to use as the key columns if the grids do not have declared primary keys. It looks like your grids do not have any declared primary keys so you need to select the key column in the Compare dialog's property settings (the fifth button from the left in the toolbar). Please see the Users Guide for more info: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG91/Comparing+Data#ComparingData-ComparingGrids Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Tool 'compare grids' does not detect 'insert/delete' any more
Good morning Hans, thanks for your fast & great help. Bulls eye! Sometimes reading and really understanding the manual is a great help. No more complains for today ;-) Cheers, roland