Start a new topic

Insert sql-code from other queries

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, I know that the execution of sql-queries can be performed using the @run command. This, however, seems to require an sql-statement which is valid on its own. My situtation is like this: I have a long code with many temporaries creates by WITH, and in the end I populate several tables. For each table, I have an own file which contains this long derivation. Therefore, is it somehow possible to simply insert this long code via something like @load? Here is an example which might make it clearer: ---------------------------- File a.sql: WITH test AS ( select 'hallo' AS word from dual ) ---------------------------- File b.sql: @load a.sql select word from test; ---------------------------- Thanks in advance, David

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Insert sql-code from other queries
David, Sorry for the delay. I will open a new ticket for loading (including) an SQL file into a script or other file. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, thank for your answer and your support. Can you estimate when this feature will be available? (without the meaning to urge you -- I'm just asking since we are in a running large-scale project at the moment and this feature yould be important for maintaining the source code). Best regards, David Edited by: David Hochstuhl on 04.06.2014 13:40
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

David, I have created a new ticket and the only thing I can say is that it is not planned for the next feature version which is planned for Q3. Regards Roger