Start a new topic

Multi-line comments

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello there, I have been using an older version of dbvis for a while and I am right now evaluating the latest version for linux on Linux Mint 14, using jre 1.7.0_45 from oracle. There is this problem with sql editor that I don't see mentioned anywhere else so I figure it has changed in the meantime: how do I deal with multi-line comments, assuming they are still supported? In the past this "/* .... */" used to work. Now when running another one line query when having (in same editor) a multi-line comment gives this error: 09:35:43 [*/ - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] [Error Code: 0, SQL State: 42601] ERROR: syntax error at or near "*/" Position: 1 ... 2 statement(s) executed, 0 row(s) affected, exec/fetch time: 0.000/0.000 sec [0 successful, 0 warnings, 2 errors] thank you, john

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Multi-line comments
John, It sounds as if you need to enable "Strip Comments when Executing". Read more in: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG91/Sending+Comments+to+the+Database+with+Statements Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Multi-line comments
thank you, from all the settings and options I checked somehow I missed that