Start a new topic

Time zone setting does not work. Bug?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, I think that I found a little bug in the current version of DbVisializer. When I select data from a table which contains columns of the type datetime and then change the time zone (Tools-> Tool Properties-> Time Zone) then the datetime cells change their time, related to the selected time zone. Until here everything works well. But when I refresh the table view (Ctrl + R) or when I run the select query again then the time zone setting is getting ignored and it seems that DbVisualizer uses the time zone setting from my operating system. Here are some technical infos: Microsoft SQL Server 10.50 jTDS Type 4 JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server and Sybase 1.2.7 Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1.9 Build: #2154 (2014/06/16 16:42) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.7.0_60 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: amd64 OS Version: 6.1
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Time zone setting does not work. Bug?
Hi, Timezone handling is a bit complicated because both the Java VM and the driver may be trying to do adjustments. Please try restarting DbVisualizer after changing the timezone and see if it then behaves as it should. Best Regards, Hans