Start a new topic

Syntax Error while using import or export wizard in DBviz

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I tried to import and export table data using import/export feautre of DBVis and got syntax error during both operations. It am using 8.0.2 and connected to Sybase IQ 15.2.0.5 It appears that DBviz is adding double quotes around the object names while generating SQL statement. For example during export in created a SQL statemen lik this select * from "dba"."TestLoad", which caused a syntax error. Any help will be appreciated. Tarlo

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Syntax Error while using import or export wizard in DBviz
I removed double quotes from the begin and end identifier under the Delimited Identifiers and it works just fine. I am new to this tool and learning.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Syntax Error while using import or export wizard in DBviz
Hi Tario, You can specify your quoting preferences in the Properties tab for the connection, under Delimited Identifiers. Instead of removing the identifier delimiters (double-quotes), you can uncheck the checkboxes under "Use of Delimited Identifiers". I don't remember what options are available in the 8.x version, but in 9.1 you can disable Delimited Identifiers for Scripting, Auto Completion/Query Builder and Export. Best Regards, Hans