Start a new topic

Informix - Problems connecting

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi I got this message trying to connect to Informix 12.0. java.sql.SQLException Error code : - 79999 Sql State IX000 I downloaded the jdbc driver for Informix : ifxjdbc and I configured my database url as this: jdbc:informix-sqli://192.168.110.27:22/sdc_71:informixserver=192.168.110.27 Can you Help? Thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Informix - Problems connecting
Two things I notice: Port 22 is for SSH--you need to provide the port number of the Informix server you're trying to connect to. Also, you need to specify the Informix server name (not hostname or IP address) for "informixserver="
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am using the connection wizard to establish a connection to Infomix, and I get the same error. Product: DbVisualizer Free 9.2.8 [Build #2468] An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: Message text will be provided in later releases java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException Details:    Type: java.sql.SQLException    Error Code: -79999    SQL State: IX000
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Frank, Can you please send a screenshot of the last connection wizard pane just before ju press the Finish button? Also, what version of Informix are you using? Regards Roger