Start a new topic

Problem to display remarks in table and fields description in DB 2

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, I have problem with remarks in info and columns tab when I browse the database. Here my connection info, extract from dbviz.xml, I remove confidential data. FL-AS400-100 DB2 for AS/400 (JTOpen) A_USER auto db2-iseries ************* 1 true true 0 DB2 for AS/400 (JTOpen) host_address:libraries=NNN,MMMM;translate binary=true;extended metadata=true;package ccsid=37 false 22 The data displayed correctly in data tab. This is what I see in Remarks field on info tab: "(à+/ÊÊ/ÈÑÎÁ?ÈÁÌÈ????????????????????????????????" Product: DbVisualizer Free 9.1.10 Build: #2295 (2014-08-08 18:38:31) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.7.0_45 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.9.4 Edited by: martinppp on Sep 17, 2014 8:28 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Problem to display remarks in table and fields description in DB 2
Hi Martin, The remarks and other data being displayed comes from the JDBC driver without any modification or encoding by DbVisualizer. I looked in the JDBC driver docs for the JTOpen driver and the only relevant setting is the "remarks" driver property that can be set to either "system" (default) or "sql". You may give it a try setting it to "sql" to see if it helps. Do this in the Properties tab next to the connection details tab. Choose Driver Properties and locate REMARKS in the list. Set it to sql, press Apply and reconnect. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I found the solution. I get the latest jtopen driver version from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jt400/ and add this properties to the jdbc connection string: "translate binary=true;metadata source=0? and now all things work fine. Thanks for your help. Martin
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Great! Thanks for the update. Roger