Start a new topic

Waiting for connection(s) to disconnect...

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi All, I have a problem with DbVis that's been around for quite some time now. I don't remember in which version the "Waiting for connection(s) to disconnect..." was introduced, but I've been getting it on every disconnect ever since. Thing is, I'm working with some long distance DBs and it always takes about 2-3 seconds for the connections to be closed on disconnect. Hence, I always get that panel and I always have to press "Force Disconnect" to get rid of it. Even though the connection has been successfully closed without the need to force disconnect. Is there any way to get rid of that panel? It's very annoying and pops up for no good reason. Maybe a timeout setting that I could extend? Thanks, Rares

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Waiting for connection(s) to disconnect...
Rares, What database(s) and JDBC driver(s) are you using? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, I'm using Sybase ASE with JConnect 6.0 Build (26564). Rares

Hi, What version of ASE? Can you please enable debug of DbVisualizer in Tools->Debug Window. Then connect and disconnect. Wait until the disconnect has completed and the window disappears. Reply the log to me. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Roger, Please find attached the requested log file. The "Waiting for connection(s) to disconnect..." window always appears on disconnect and never disappears until I click "Force Disconnect". I have removed or replaced sensitive information from logs (like DBNames, IPs etc). Everything else is in there. I'm connecting to Sybase ASE 15.0.3. Thanks! Best, Rares

I forgot to mention that I also have a local server on ASE 15.0.3. I connect to that using the same driver and everything, but given the fact that it's a local server and response times are much better I do not get this window on disconnect.

Rares, Thanks for the additional details. Just looking into this and there seem to be something wrong when the server takes some time to complete. I'll keep you updated. Regards Roger

Much appreciated! Thanks! Rares

Rares, Just to let you know this will be fixed in the next maintenance version. Thanks for reporting it! Regards Roger

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Thanks, Roger! Best, Rares

Rares, Just wanted to let you know this is now fixed in the just released 9.1.11 version. Regards Roger

Awesome! Thanks a lot Roger!