Start a new topic

"ORA-00911: invalid character" on variable identifier prefix/suffix

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Variable identifiers in SQL are not being recognised by DbViz (but worked OK last week). After several tests, changing the values of the delimiters, I ran a simple test using delimiter $$: select $$HELLO$$ from dual and still got the "invalid character" message. So DbViz does not seem to be recognizing the $$ as delimiters and is sending them to Oracle. I have attached the debug output of this select. Do you have any suggestions of how to fix? Uninstall/reinstall? Many thanks! Ian

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: "ORA-00911: invalid character" on variable identifier prefix/suffix
Ian, The variable identifiers are specified in Tools->Tool Properties and in the General / Variables category. These must match what you are using in the SQL. Also note that variables are only processed if the "Process Variables in SQL" is checked in the SQL Commander menu. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: "ORA-00911: invalid character" on variable identifier prefix/suffix
I eventually found the problem: in the "SQL commander" menu there is an option "Process variables in SQL" - it just needed to be set on!