Start a new topic

Import to table

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am familiar with the wizard for importing data to a table in my schema. However, is there a method for embedding a command in the sql script to import just as the @export can export to text, csv, or xlsx?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Import to table
Hi Jack, There is no @import command today but we have this on the wish list for a future version. I've added your vote. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

+1 ! ... + 100, if I'm allowed to :-)

Hi Sergio, I've added your vote. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Has the @import feature request made it in to any of the recent releases? I did not see anything the caught my attention in the release notes.

Jack, @import has not been released yet. The preliminary plan is to include it in the next feature version planned later this year. Regards Roger

You can add my vote for this feature as well. I've been using the @export command more and more frequently lately. Having the corresponding @import (for both CSV and spreadsheet formats) would be very helpful. Thanks.

Hi Steve, Vote added. Unfortunately, we will likely have to push this to the feature release following the next as it turned out to be more work than anticipated. But we're working on it. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Steve,

Just to inform you that DbVisualizer 11.0 has been released with support for the new @import client-side command. You find the full release notes and download on our web.

In DbVisualizer open Help->Check for Update to run the upgrade or download from our web site.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance with any questions you may have.

Regards

Roger

1 person likes this