Start a new topic

DBVis open in linux without terminal window

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Using Linux Mint, and dbvis only opens using a terminal window. What can I do to make it not do that, and just open like any other application?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DBVis open in linux without terminal window
Hi Method, If you are using the setup installer you have the option to create a launcher on the Desktop. If you are using another installer such as the .gz you will need to create one on your own. If you are meaning something else please clarify. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I wasn't given any such option. Clicked the linux installer which downloaded a .sh, which did nothing. I can't run that file, linux terminal says "command not found". downloaded and ran the rpm which allowed me to at least open something. Edited by: Method on Nov 10, 2014 4:22 PM
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Figured it out. For those that stumble: Right click .sh file and go to Properties. Click Permissions and check the box that says "Allow executing file as program", and you should be good to go.