Start a new topic

I am not able to connect to SQL Sever 2008 R2 through DBVisualizer.

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Dear Sir, I am using SQL Server 2008 R2 with named instance (listening to port 1433). With all my other applications I am happily able to connect to this database without any problem. But when I am trying to connect the same database through DBVisualizer, I am getting below error. An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect Details:    Type: java.sql.SQLException    SQL State: 08S01 For more information, please note that I am using "SQL Server (jTDS) driver". As I am able to connect successfully through my other applications, I am sure that my connection parameters, network settings, firewall setting etc. are configured correctly. Only in case of DBVisualizer there is a problem. Please also note that I have tried multiple versions of DBVis starting from 6.0.xx to 9.1.xx but with same result. I am not able to understand what I am missing out. Please help me with this. I have sent same query through mail also to the support team but still I don't have any solution. Thanks and Regards, Pankaj

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: I am not able to connect to SQL Sever 2008 R2 through DBVisualizer.
There was no response to my mail and no solution. But today I found below thread and got the connection working. http://www.dbvis.com/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=18487䠷
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: I am not able to connect to SQL Sever 2008 R2 through DBVisualizer.
Pankaj, Great to hear you found the solution. Regards Roger