Start a new topic

@export Questions

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Just starting to try and use the @export feature to automate some statistics gathering (I'm going to use it in conjunction with a monitor). Scratch that. Realized the error when I was copy/pasting the query. I had written the query standalone, and then wrapped the @export code around it, but forgot to add a ; to the end of the statement, and the DB engine was choking on the @export off part. I'm leaving that here just in case it helps someone else. Question 2: Is there any way to use wildcards in an export file name? Like I said, I want this to run daily in a monitor, and I want to tag the filename with the date. Question 3: Solved that one too. Wondering if I could turn off the column headers: CsvIncludeColumnHeader="false" http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG91/Exporting+Query+Results is a great resource for the @export command, and it is a very powerful feature. Good job devs. :) Update: And I solved #2 as well: *${dbvis-date}$* http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG91/Using+DbVisualizer+Variables has a list of all of the variables. So this is less of a question, and more of a log of what I ran into, and did in the hopes that it helps someone in the future. ----- Ok, maybe this is a question after all. When running my export command, and query through the SQL commander, it works great. When running as a monitor, I get the error: An error occurred while performing the operation: Must declare the scalar variable "@export". Which I believe is an error from the SQL server. That seems to suggest that these DBVis commands may not work in monitors? Anyone have any experience or advice here? Thanks Edited by: Thomas on 26-Nov-2014 14:26
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: @export Questions
Thomas, > {quote:title=Thomas wrote:}{quote} > Ok, maybe this is a question after all. > > When running my export command, and query through the SQL commander, it works great. When running as a monitor, I get the error: > > An error occurred while performing the operation: > Must declare the scalar variable "@export". > > Which I believe is an error from the SQL server. That seems to suggest that these DBVis commands may not work in monitors? Anyone have any experience or advice here? @xxx commands are only supported in the SQL Commander and using the command-line interface. Regards Roger