Start a new topic

problem with recognition right type of sql command

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I configured my connection as deployment and set permission allow executing of SELECT command. Problem is, that dbvisualizer doesn't recognize right type of SQL command, if previous one ends by line comment. Type of this command is SELECT: SELECT 1; Type of first command is SELECT, next one is OTHER and the last one is SELECT: SELECT 1;--example of line comment SELECT 1; SELECT 1;--another example of line comment *Version of dbvis:* Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1.12 Build: #2306 (2014-11-27 14:36:33) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.7.0_21 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Linux OS Arch: amd64 OS Version: 3.7.0-7-generic *System info:* Linux airnote 3.7.0-7-generic #15-Ubuntu SMP Sat Dec 15 16:34:25 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux *Java info:* Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mode) Edited by: imouse on 2014-dec-04 14:41

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: problem with recognition right type of sql command
Hi, Which database are you using? Also, what is the setting of Strip Comments when Executing in the SQL Commander menu? Do you see any difference in result if toggling it? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: problem with recognition right type of sql command
Thank you, the problem has been solved, when I check the value: "Strip Comments when Executing" in the SQL Commander menu. Here is information about: *jdbc* a *db*: PostgreSQL 8.4.4 PostgreSQL Native Driver PostgreSQL 9.2 JDBC4 (build 1002)