Start a new topic

create new autocomplete

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, i would to know if is possible create new autocomplete in the DbVisualizer. For example, now if you write "sel" and put ctrl+space it shows a "pop-up" with the different possibilities like "select", "selecting", "selfunc", etc... But i want create for example a autocomplete that if i write "sf" and i push ctrl+space it autocomplete with "select * from". In other database manager exists this option. Another example, i would to create a "autocomplete option" that if i write "bw" and push ctrl+space it shows "begin work; rollback work;" Can i create this options??? if i cannot i wish you put this option in future versions thanks!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: create new autocomplete
Peter, In the upcoming 9.2 version there is support for Editor Templates which is exactly what you are looking for. The 9.2 version is currently in public beta testing and you may give it a try by download from this page: http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ You find the Editor Templates setup in Tools->Tool Properties and in the General / SQL Commander / Editor Templates category. Let us know what you think. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi again, thank you for the fast answer. I just download the 9.2 beta version and the use of the templates are perfect :) I go on using this beta version and if i see something wrong i tell you. Maybe in the description of the using of the templates you could wirte that we need put "tab" for the autocompletion. I need to search in your user guide to find this hehe. Thank you very much and congratulations for this utility. Peter
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

hi, another question...i promise you is the last one haha. I dont know if exits this feature but i would like to do "click" in the name of a table in a query sentence and automatically is selected the table in the tree of the left with the tables. For example, if a coworker pass me this query: select * from person p where p.age = 10; I would like to push on "person" and automatically the table person in the left tree is selected. Maybe exists this option and i dont know about it. If not, maybe in future version....haha thank you! regards

Peter, Position the cursor on an object name and then chose SQL Commander->Show Object at Cursor to locate and highlight it in the Databases tab. Regards Roger

Is not exactly what i want, because with this option goes over all the table and in the end open the table in a new tab. Is good option but a little bit slow. I just want the table is selected in the tree on the leftside. But for my trouble is enough. thank you!

Peter, DbVisualizer 9.2 has just been released with support for editor templates. http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.2&showtoc=false Regards Roger