Start a new topic

NullPointerException running script on Windows

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

If I run the attached test script on the DbVisualizer 9.2 Mac OS X client against an Oracle11g database it will run fine, but if I do the same with the Windows client on a Windows 7 machine I get a NullPointerException. The message in the debug window is: Internal error while executing: -- DROP TABLE my_test ... so it appears that it's trying to execute the commented out statement. I also tried uncommenting this statement and putting block comments ( /* ... */ ) around one of the INSERT statements, and I got another NullPointerException. The full debug window output for these two test cases is also attached. Edited by: Steve Jakob on 13-Jan-2015 12:59 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: NullPointerException running script on Windows
Hi Steve, Please enable SQL Commander->Strip Comments While Executing to resolve this. We already have an open ticket for making sure statement delimiters in comments do not cause this behavior. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Steve, This is now fixed in the just released 9.2.2 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger!