Start a new topic

JRE setting

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I used the zip file to install the software, as I do not have Admin access for other types of installation. I cannot set the EXE4J_JAVA_HOME environment variable as I do not have access to the advanced system settings. I have tried putting the pref_jre.cfg file into C:\DbVisualizer\.install4j, with the single line C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6 but still get the "No JVM could be found on your system..." message. This occurred when I upgraded from 9.1.? to 9.2 Any ideas how I can actually get this program to work again? I can use the dbvisgui.bat, but the comments in the file recommend not to do this. System: Windows 7 SP 1, 64 bit 8GB ram 26.3 Gb free space

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: JRE setting
Hi, DbVisualizer 9.2 requires Java 7 as a minimum. Try install it separately and then launch DbVisualizer. Regards Roger Ps. The .bat scripts works as well as the .exe. Some functionality such as interacting with the Windows file explorer will however not work.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

To get there, I had to install JDK. The version I have is v 8 - still no go new path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_20\jre

Hi, In my previous post I said "DbVisualizer requires Java 7 as a *minimum*". That should instead be "DbVisualizer requires Java 7". Sorry for that. Java 8 is not supported. I suggest you install the package that include Java 7. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

How do I start DBVisualizer using the exe file and get it to use a different jre than the default one. I had to install java 8 and can now only run DBVisualizer with a bat file specifying the java 6 jre.

Hi Larry, Please see this FAQ: http://confluence.dbvis.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3146120 Best Regards, Hans