Start a new topic

dbvisualizer 9.2 Doesn't work with Oracle 9.2

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When I connect to the following Oracle database: Oracle Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit Production JServer Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production Oracle JDBC driver 11.1.0.7.0-Production with dbvis 9.2, and expand the DB connection to get the list of schemas, I get a bunch of head icons, but no names beside them. As I click on each one there are no tables in any of them. I downloaded 9.1.13 and it works fine. I downloaded it because I've been using it without issue and the only thing that changed, of which I'm aware, was upgrading dbvisualizer.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: dbvisualizer 9.2 Doesn't work with Oracle 9.2
Eric, Make sure you are connected and then in the Databases tab toolbar there is a funnel icon. Click the drop-down and select Open Filter Editor. In the Filter Editor select the Labels button in the top right corner. For any of the labels that are in BOLD text. Double-click it/them and clear the value. Click OK and answer Reload when prompted. Does this help? If not please enable debug of DbVisualizer in Tools->Debug Window and reload the Schemas node in the Databases tab. Post the log here. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

I didn't see anything in bold. The attached log file is me opening a connection and then selecting a random user's + to display the tables and such. Then I clicked on the table + to display tables, of which none did.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Oh, I should note that accessing an Oracle 11 DB is working fine.

Eric, Thanks! Double click the Schemas node and post a screenshot of the schemas list that is displayed to the right. Regards Roger
[Attachment has been removed.]

Here you go!

Eric, The only difference in this area between 9.1.13 and 9.2 is that there is a never version of the Oracle driver in 9.2. If you have access to 9.1.13 you can copy the actual files from it to the 9.2 installation. The files are located in the DBVIS-9.1.13\jdbc\oracle\ folder. These are the files that should be copied: ojdbc6.jar orai18n.jar xdb.jar xmlparserv2.jar Copy them to DBVIS-9.2\jdbc\oracle folder (replace the current files). Please let me know the progress. Regards Roger

BINGO! That's it. Thanks.

Eric, Thanks for giving it a test and for letting us know the result. Regards Roger

I was having same issue. Opened ticket on this (#11663). I suppose that may me closed. There was also an issue with queries not returning some columns. Didn't spend mus time on it as I found this thread. Replaced /jdbc/oracle with an older version and all is well. Thanks.